Who We Are
We are a loving Spiritual Sanctuary where everyone is welcome.
We celebrate the abundance of life through study, inspiration, gratitude, and service.
With open hearts and minds we participate in self-transformation for a world that works for everyone.
Message from Rev. Joshua Reeves
One of the great legends of Bodhisattva’s in Buddhism is that the Bodhisattva is a being that is on the cusp of enlightenment but chooses not to become fully realized to assist others in achieving the same feat. The Bodhisattva is like an Angel, holding the door of heaven open for everyone else to come through.
In the Zen tradition, the vow of the Bodhisattva can be translated this way:
Beings are numberless, I vow to save them
Desires are inexhaustible, I vow to end them
Dharma gates are boundless, I vow to enter them
Buddha's way is unsurpassable, I vow to become it.
It may initially sound odd that one would devote one’s self to a seemingly impossible to achieve goal. The Bodhisattva will be holding the door open for all eternity. Yet, in this we find a grand metaphor for enlightenment. Enlightenment is holding the door of heaven open for everyone to pass through. Heaven is not a place but an activity of being and consciousness. True wisdom is humility.
In our April talks we will be exploring our 2014 theme of Whole Lives through exploring humility. We will look at some of the great teachers of humility including Gandhi and in celebration of Easter, Jesus.
Easter is April 20. We will be having two identical services at 8 a.m. and
10 a.m. with youth church taking place at 10 a.m.
Contact Rev. Josh at firstname.lastname@example.org
What we Offer
- 8:00 a.m. Early service featuring meditation, music, and Sunday message
- 10:00 a.m. Celebration every Sunday featuring inspiring music and message
- 10:00 a.m. Children’s church up to teen years including daycare for children under three years old.
- The Seal Beach Singers Choir
- First Wednesday Meditation Service
- Licensed Spiritual Practitioners available for prayer support
- Continual classes on Spiritual Living, workshops, support groups, and regular activities like Yoga and Tai Chi to uplift mind/body/spirit.
- Marina Chapel for weddings, memorials, and other ceremonies with ministerial and coordinative support.
- Green Team activities and events to service the environment as community