Dorothy Lantz, RScP
Music: Mari Anne Jaime
Spiritual Practice: Affirmative Prayer with Rev. Donna Baranyay
Rev. Joshua Reeves
Music: Denise Rosier, Megan Reeves and Bill Wolfe
Michael Heinle, RScP
Music: Tina Carson
Spiritual Practice: The Quimby Healing Method with Michael Heinle, RScP
Who We Are
We celebrate the abundance of life through study, inspiration, gratitude, and service.
With open hearts and minds we participate in self-transformation for a world that works for everyone.
Message from Rev. Joshua Reeves
Our Sunday Services are at 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. beginning November 2. Both services will be essentially the same. Same message, same music, same feeling of community and celebrating of the sacred. Our youth church will be at both services for
babies and elementary ages, and at 11:00 a.m. for junior high and high school.
Why are we changing our service times?
In May, our Leadership Council had a retreat facilitated by our own Michael Heinle that focused on what for each council member was our essential focus for our church. Results varied, but there was a large consensus around the word “Growth.” For some of us it was about physical growth: “How can we serve even more people?” For some of us, it was about spiritual growth: “How can we grow even deeper together as spiritual community?” For some of us, it was about managing growth: “How do we face the challenge of a growing congregation while maintaining the spirit of an intimate and tight-knit church community?”
We discussed all of these questions and had many ideas, the most central was proposing a change in service times to our congregation. The central purpose of changing service times to 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. is to be able to welcome even more people into our Sunday services and spiritual community.
After carefully reviewing the feedback we received from our town hall meetings and surveys, the Leadership Council made the decision to change service times at our September meeting. I want to thank our church leadership for their thoughtfulness and commitment to this topic—Yvonne Woods, Bob Papp, Dennis Smith, Nicole Von Atzingen, Ralph Simonian, Lindy Hodges, and our beloved Judy Miller. I am also greater to our practitioner body and church administrator Julie Guerrero. Thank you as well to all of you who provided feedback, excitement, concern, and most of all love for our church.
In October we will continue to explore our 2014 theme of “Whole Lives” by exploring spiritual tools that help us practice wholeness in our lives on an everyday basis. You are invited to dress up in costume for our Halloween service on October 26. It is sure to be a fun day.
Contact Rev. Josh at firstname.lastname@example.org
What we Offer
- 8:00 a.m. Early service featuring meditation, music, and Sunday message
- 10:00 a.m. Celebration every Sunday featuring inspiring music and message
- 10:00 a.m. Children’s church up to teen years including daycare for children under three years old.
- Wednesday Evening Service - Meditation 6:40 p.m Service 7:00 p.m.
- The Seal Beach Singers Choir
- Licensed Spiritual Practitioners available for prayer support
- Continual classes on Spiritual Living, workshops, support groups, and regular activities like Yoga and Tai Chi to uplift mind/body/spirit.
- Marina Chapel for weddings, memorials, and other ceremonies with ministerial and coordinative support.
- Green Team activities and events to service the environment as community