Speaker-Rev. Dr. Peggy Price
Music-Debi Wheeler-Ure, Bill Wolfe and Caroline Campbell
Michael Heinle, RScP
Music: Sunny Daye and Bill Wolfe
Speaker-Michael Heinle, RScP
Spiritual Practice-Michael Heinle, RScP
Who We Are
We celebrate the abundance of life through study, inspiration, gratitude, and service.
With open hearts and minds we participate in self-transformation for a world that works for everyone.
Message from Rev. Joshua Reeves
“Here is a thought I love above most other things that Jesus said: ‘It is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom.’ You and I have never done anything personally to earn this Kingdom. It is the gift of life to us. And you and I cannot believe—in fact, we dare not believe—that we could do anything really to destroy it. We may be able to delay the day of our
emancipation; we may be able to deny the reality of our own spirits, because we are individuals; but surely, that which God has made, you and I cannot destroy.” –Ernest Holmes
Holmes’ words inspire a good question. Am I fully open to receiving the gifts of “the kingdom?” The love, the appreciation, the prosperity, the
stillness, the forgiveness, the wholeness, the fulfilment, the joy? Before I worry about being selfish that my spiritual wish list this Christmas is getting too long, let me remember that in God, there is only more and I can have as much as I am willing to receive. No more and no less. Thus, my work is to clear my mind, open my heart, be willing, receptive, and say “Yes.”
We are celebrating the completion of 2014 this year with a Gratitude Banquet on Sunday, December 7. This is a time to celebrate life together with food, spiritual family, and fun.
There will be ample other opportunities to celebrate the holidays at Seal Beach Center for Spiritual Living. We will be exploring Hanukkah at our Wednesday evening service, December 17. Our Christmas service featuring our Choir and Daniel Nahmod, will be Sunday, December 21. Rev. Peggy and her team are creating a beautiful Christmas Eve Service on December 24. We will also be having a New Year’s Eve Service on December 31, followed by our annual New Year’s Intention setting on January 1, 2015.
Our Sunday messages this month will be embracing the holiday spirit by looking more deeply at the wisdom in some of the secular expressions of the holidays- including Santa Claus and Dickens’ classic “A Christmas Carol.”
I am so grateful for all of the wonderful heart’s that have contributed to the flourishing of our “Jewel by the Sea.” From our Leadership Council, to our Practitioners, to our Youth Volunteers, to our Newsletter team. What a
wonderful year it has been.
Contact Rev. Josh at firstname.lastname@example.org
What we Offer
- Two Sunday services: 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. Both services include the same Sunday message and music.
- Youth church for elementary ages will be at 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. Middle school ages will be at 11:00 a.m. only.
- Wednesday Evening Service - Meditation 6:40 p.m Service 7:00 p.m.
- The Seal Beach Singers Choir
- Licensed Spiritual Practitioners available for prayer support
- Continual classes on Spiritual Living, workshops, support groups, and regular activities like Yoga and Tai Chi to uplift mind/body/spirit.
- Marina Chapel for weddings, memorials, and other ceremonies with ministerial and coordinative support.
- Green Team activities and events to service the environment as community