Who We Are
We are a loving Spiritual Sanctuary where everyone is welcome.
We celebrate the abundance of life through study, inspiration, gratitude, and service.
With open hearts and minds we participate in self-transformation for a world that works for everyone.
Message from Rev. Joshua Reeves
An important lesson in my life has been this: When something in my life is going well, all aspects of my life seem to benefit. In turn, when something in my life is not going well, all aspects of my life can seem to deteriorate.
If I am thriving in my relationship, my challenges seem lighter, my work a little easier, my time alone more sacred. If I am struggling with finances, my relationships seem to wane a little, it’s a little harder to be present at work, and I am more apt to worry.
Part of living in wholeness, is accepting wholeness in every area of life. It’s the realization, that if I want to be thriving in life, there cannot be a single place where I am merely surviving, barely getting by. I am not saying we have to strive for perfection, just to keep conscious of our whole life… not just as it is, but in what our vision is for what it is becoming.
Perhaps you’ve heard the story of the man who passes three brick layers? He asks the first what he is doing. “Laying Bricks,” the man says. He approaches the second man and asks him what he is doing. “Building a Wall,” she says. He approaches the third and again asks, “What are you doing?” “Building a Cathedral.”
Can we look at all of our actions not just as themselves, but as influencing and investing in our whole life and being? That to me is a way of life that is thriving, for it includes the wholeness of being in each piece of life, and all is benefited because of it.
March is an exciting month for SBCSL as we have our fundraiser Saturday March 15 at the Recreation Park Golf Course. I want to thank our committee– Bernadette Senn, Shari Stewart, and Michael Martinez and Gina Overholt for helping to organize our silent auction. I hope to see many of you there and thank you so much for supporting SBCSL.
I also look forward to seeing many of you at our Annual Meeting, Sunday March 2, at 11:30 a.m. If “thriving” is an interesting topic for you, join us on Sunday mornings or join our 4 week course “Surviving to Thriving” on Thursday nights beginning March 20.
Contact Rev. Josh at email@example.com
What we Offer
- 8:00 a.m. Early service featuring meditation, music, and Sunday message
- 10:00 a.m. Celebration every Sunday featuring inspiring music and message
- 10:00 a.m. Children’s church up to teen years including daycare for children under three years old.
- The Seal Beach Singers Choir
- First Wednesday Meditation Service
- Licensed Spiritual Practitioners available for prayer support
- Continual classes on Spiritual Living, workshops, support groups, and regular activities like Yoga and Tai Chi to uplift mind/body/spirit.
- Marina Chapel for weddings, memorials, and other ceremonies with ministerial and coordinative support.
- Green Team activities and events to service the environment as community